State Capitol Information
For information about the State Capitol, its history, and its visiting hours, please visit the State Capitol web site.
For more information about tours, contact the State Capitol Tours Office at (402) 471-0448.
Observing The Legislature
While you are visiting the Legislature, please abide by the following rules:
- Be seated and do not lean over the banister.
- Do not place anything on the banister.
- Drinks are not allowed in the balcony.
- You may take photographs, but the use of flash is not allowed.
- Applause or other demonstrations are not allowed.
The Nebraska State Capitol is located at the south edge of downtown Lincoln, Nebraska, at the intersection of 15th and K streets.
From Interstate 80:
- take the 9th Street/Downtown exit and follow I-180 south into downtown Lincoln
- turn left (east) on K Street and proceed 6 blocks
Free one and two-hour parking may be found on the streets surrounding the Capitol. Longer term parking may be found in the residential areas south of the Capitol. The nearest public parking garage is located at 12th and L streets. Accessible parking is available on K Street adjacent to the Capitol's north entrance.