Nebraska Revised Statute 28-1201
(1) Firearm means any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or frame or receiver of any such weapon;
(2) Fugitive from justice means any person who has fled or is fleeing from any peace officer to avoid prosecution or incarceration for a felony;
(3) Handgun means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length or any firearm designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand;
(4) Juvenile means any person under the age of eighteen years;
(5) Knife means any dagger, dirk, knife, or stiletto with a blade over three and one-half inches in length or any other dangerous instrument capable of inflicting cutting, stabbing, or tearing wounds;
(6) Knuckles and brass or iron knuckles means any instrument that consists of finger rings or guards made of a hard substance and that is designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with a fist enclosed in the knuckles;
(7) Machine gun means any firearm, whatever its size and usual designation, that shoots automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger;
(8) School means a public, private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private postsecondary career school as defined in section 85-1603, a community college, a public or private college, a junior college, or a university;
(9) Short rifle means a rifle having a barrel less than sixteen inches long or an overall length of less than twenty-six inches; and
(10) Short shotgun means a shotgun having a barrel or barrels less than eighteen inches long or an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.
Laws 1977, LB 38, § 233;
Laws 1994, LB 988, § 2;
Laws 2009, LB63, § 9;
Laws 2009, LB430, § 6.