Nebraska Revised Statute 35-1309.01
(1) The standard criteria for qualified active service shall be based on a total of one hundred possible points per year. A person must accumulate at least fifty points out of the possible one hundred points during a year of service in order to qualify as an active emergency responder, active rescue squad member, or active volunteer firefighter. Points shall be awarded as provided in this section.
(2) A fixed amount of twenty-five points shall be awarded to a person for responding to ten percent of the emergency response calls which are (a) dispatched from his or her assigned station or company during a year of service and (b) relevant to the appropriate duty category of the person. An emergency response call shall mean any dispatch involving an emergency activity that an emergency responder, rescue squad member, or volunteer firefighter is directed to do by the chief of the fire department, the chief of the ambulance service, or persons authorized to act for the chiefs. No points shall be awarded for responding to less than ten percent of the emergency response calls.
(3) For participation in training courses, a maximum total of not more than twenty-five points may be awarded on the following basis:
(a) For courses under twenty hours duration: One point shall be awarded per two hours, with a maximum of five points awarded per course;
(b) For courses of between twenty hours and forty hours duration: Five points shall be awarded, plus one point awarded for each hour after the first twenty hours, with a maximum of ten points awarded per course; and
(c) For courses over forty hours duration: Fifteen points shall be awarded per course.
(4) Drills shall mean regular monthly drills used for instructional and educational purposes, as well as mock emergency response exercises to evaluate the efficiency or performance by the personnel of a volunteer department. Each drill shall last at least two hours. One point shall be awarded per drill. For participation in drills, a maximum total of not more than twenty points shall be awarded.
(5) For attendance at an official meeting of the volunteer department or mutual aid organization, one point shall be awarded per meeting up to a maximum total of not more than ten points.
(6) A fixed award of ten points shall be awarded for completion of a term in one of the following elected or appointed positions: (a) An elected or appointed position defined in the volunteer department's constitution or bylaws; (b) an elected or appointed position of a mutual aid organization; or (c) an elected office of the Nebraska State Volunteer Firefighter's Association or other organized associations dealing with emergency response services in Nebraska.
(7) For participation in activities of fire prevention communicated to public, open house, speaking engagements on behalf of the volunteer department, presenting fire or rescue equipment at a parade or other public event, attendance at the Nebraska State Volunteer Firefighter's Association Convention, attendance at a meeting of a governing body of a city, village, or rural or suburban fire protection district on behalf of the department, or other activities related to emergency services not covered in this subsection, one point shall be awarded per activity, but no more than one point shall be awarded per day, up to a maximum total of not more than ten points.
(8) Activities which may qualify a person to receive points in more than one of the categories described in subsections (2) through (7) of this section shall only be credited in one category.