Nebraska Revised Statute 35-1327
The agreement authorized by section 35-1326 shall provide:
(1) That the organization shall make all disbursements under the contract or contracts issued by it, such disbursements to be made in such manner and amounts as directed by the city, village, or rural or suburban fire protection district conducting the service award benefit program whether on account of disability, death, the termination of a program, or the attainment of the appropriate age by a qualifying participant;
(2) That the organization shall include with each disbursement a statement showing the gross payment, any taxes withheld, and the net amount paid and an annual statement of account;
(3) That the organization shall furnish to the city, village, or district a statement of all disbursements and withholdings as stipulated in the agreement on at least an annual basis, as agreed by the parties;
(4) Hold-harmless clauses protecting each party thereto from the negligent acts of the other or for any loss or claim against one party resulting from release of incorrect or misleading information furnished by the other party;
(5) For the right of the city, village, or district, either directly or through independent auditors, to examine and audit the organization's records and accounts relating to disbursements made under the agreement;
(6) Protection to the city, village, or district against assignment of the agreement or the subletting of work done or services furnished under the agreement;
(7) For termination of the agreement; and
(8) Such other terms as may be agreed upon and which the city, village, or district determines to be in the best interest of the participating cities, villages, and fire protection districts and the participants in such programs.
Laws 1999, LB 849, § 27;
Laws 2001, LB 808, § 19.