Nebraska Revised Statute 37-1403
(1) The Nebraska Invasive Species Council is created. Members of the council shall serve without compensation and shall not be reimbursed for expenses associated with their service on the council. The Game and Parks Commission shall provide administrative support to the council to carry out the council's duties, and the commission may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out sections 37-1401 to 37-1406.
(2) Voting members of the council shall be appointed by the Governor and shall include a representative of:
(a) An electric generating utility;
(b) The Department of Agriculture;
(c) The Game and Parks Commission;
(d) The Nebraska Forest Service of the University of Nebraska Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources;
(e) The University of Nebraska-Lincoln;
(f) The Nebraska Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit of the University of Nebraska;
(g) The Nebraska Weed Control Association; and
(h) The Nebraska Association of Resources Districts.
(3) Voting members of the council shall also include up to five members at large appointed by the Governor who shall represent public interests, at least three of which shall represent agricultural land owner interests.
(4) Nonvoting, ex officio members of the council shall include a representative of:
(a) The Midwest Region of the National Park Service of the United States Department of the Interior;
(b) The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service of the United States Department of Agriculture;
(c) The Natural Resources Conservation Service of the United States Department of Agriculture;
(d) The United States Geological Survey; and
(e) The Nature Conservancy, Nebraska Field Office.
(5) The council may seek additional advisory support from representatives of relevant federal, state, or local agencies as it deems necessary to accomplish its duties.
(6) The council shall select a chairperson from among its members. The council shall meet at the call of the chairperson or upon the request of a majority of the members.