Nebraska Revised Statute 44-5504
Chapter 44 Section 5504
Nonadmitted insurer; surplus lines license; application; fee; expiration; renewal.
(1) No person, other than an exempt commercial purchaser, shall place, procure, or effect insurance for or on behalf of an insured whose home state is the State of Nebraska in any nonadmitted insurer until such person has first been issued a surplus lines license from the department as provided in section 44-5503.
(2) Application for a surplus lines license shall be made to the department on forms designated and furnished by the department and shall be accompanied by a license fee as established by the director not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars for each individual and corporate surplus lines license.
(3)(a) All corporate surplus lines licenses shall expire on April 30 of each year, and all individual surplus lines licenses shall expire on the licensee's birthday in the first year after issuance in which his or her age is divisible by two, and all individual surplus lines licenses may be renewed within the ninety-day period before their expiration dates and all individual surplus lines licenses also may be renewed within the thirty-day period after their expiration dates upon payment of a late renewal fee as established by the director not to exceed two hundred dollars in addition to the applicable fee otherwise required for renewal of individual surplus lines licenses as established by the director pursuant to subsection (2) of this section. All individual surplus lines licenses renewed within the thirty-day period after their expiration dates pursuant to this subdivision shall be deemed to have been renewed before their expiration dates. The department shall establish procedures for the renewal of surplus lines licenses.
(b) Every licensee shall notify the department within thirty days of any changes in the licensee's residential or business address.
- Laws 1913, c. 154, § 25, p. 408;
- R.S.1913, § 3161;
- Laws 1919, c. 190, tit. V, art. III, § 18, p. 587;
- C.S.1922, § 7762;
- C.S.1929, § 44-218;
- R.S.1943, § 44-140;
- Laws 1978, LB 836, § 2;
- Laws 1984, LB 801, § 47;
- Laws 1989, LB 92, § 30;
- R.S.Supp.,1990, § 44-140;
- Laws 1992, LB 1006, § 4;
- Laws 1999, LB 260, § 15;
- Laws 2002, LB 1139, § 37;
- Laws 2007, LB117, § 23;
- Laws 2011, LB70, § 3.