Nebraska Revised Statute 49-14,101
Chapter 49 Section 14,101
Public official, employee, candidate, and other individuals; prohibited acts; penalty.
(1) No person shall offer or give to the following persons anything of value, including a gift, loan, contribution, reward, or promise of future employment, based on an agreement that the vote, official action, or judgment of any public official, public employee, or candidate would be influenced thereby:
(a) A public official, public employee, or candidate;
(b) A member of the immediate family of an individual listed in subdivision (a) of this subsection; or
(c) A business with which an individual listed under subdivision (a) or (b) of this subsection is associated.
(2) No person listed in subsection (1) of this section shall solicit or accept anything of value, including a gift, loan, contribution, reward, or promise of future employment based on an agreement that the vote, official action, or judgment of the public official, public employee, or candidate would be influenced thereby.
(3) Except as provided in section 23-3113, any person violating this section shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor, except that no vote by any member of the Legislature shall subject such member to any criminal sanction under this section.
- Laws 1976, LB 987, § 101;
- Laws 1977, LB 41, § 55;
- Laws 1983, LB 370, § 22;
- Laws 1986, LB 548, § 14;
- Laws 1994, LB 1243, § 13;
- Laws 2001, LB 242, § 18.
This section has not been impliedly repealed by section 28-917. State v. Null, 247 Neb. 192, 526 N.W.2d 220 (1995).