Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,252
Chapter 60 Section 6,252
Tire condition; requirements.
(1) No person shall drive or move a motor vehicle on any highway unless such vehicle is equipped with tires in safe operating condition in accordance with subsection (2) of this section.
(2) A tire shall be considered unsafe if it has:
(a) Any bump, bulge, or knot affecting the tire structure;
(b) A break which exposes a tire body cord or is repaired with a boot or patch;
(c) A tread depth of less than two thirty-seconds of an inch measured in any two tread grooves at three locations equally spaced around the circumference of the tire or, on those tires with tread wear indicators, been worn to the point that the tread wear indicators contact the road in any two thread grooves at three locations equally spaced around the circumference of the tire, except that this subdivision shall not apply to truck tires with ten or more cord plies which are mounted on dual wheels; or
(d) Such other conditions as may be reasonably demonstrated to render the tire unsafe.
(3) No tire shall be used on any motor vehicle which is driven or moved on any highway in this state if such tire was designed or manufactured for nonhighway use.
(4) No person shall destroy, alter, or deface any marking on a new or usable tire which indicates whether the tire has been manufactured for highway or nonhighway use.
(5) No person shall sell any motor vehicle for highway use unless the vehicle is equipped with tires that are in compliance with this section.
- Laws 1987, LB 504, § 5;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-6,131.09;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 348.