Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,307
Chapter 60 Section 6,307
Restrictions on operating motorcycles.
(1) Any person who operates a motorcycle shall ride only upon a permanent and regular seat attached to the motorcycle. A person operating a motorcycle shall not carry any other person nor shall any other person ride on a motorcycle unless such motorcycle is designed to carry more than one person, in which event a passenger may ride upon the permanent and regular seat, if designed for two persons, or upon another seat firmly attached to the motorcycle to the rear or side of the operator.
(2) A person shall ride upon a motorcycle only while sitting astride the seat, facing forward.
(3) No person shall operate a motorcycle while carrying any package, bundle, or other article which prevents him or her from keeping both hands on the handlebars.
(4) No operator shall carry any person, nor shall any person ride, in a position that interferes with the operation or control of the motorcycle or the view of the operator.
(5) Any motorcycle which carries a passenger, other than in a sidecar or enclosed cab, shall be equipped with footrests for such passenger.
(6) No person shall operate any motorcycle with handlebars more than fifteen inches above the mounting point of the handlebars.
- Laws 1973, LB 45, § 93;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-693;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 403.