Nebraska Revised Statute 67-255
Chapter 67 Section 255
General partner; status; termination; when.
Except as approved by the written consent of all partners at the time, a person ceases to be a general partner of a limited partnership upon the happening of any of the following events:
(1) The general partner withdraws from the limited partnership as provided in section 67-264;
(2) The general partner ceases to be a general partner of the limited partnership as provided in section 67-272;
(3) The general partner is removed as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement;
(4) Unless otherwise provided in the partnership agreement, the general partner: (i) Makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors; (ii) files a voluntary petition in bankruptcy; (iii) is adjudicated a bankrupt or insolvent or has an order for relief in any bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding entered against the general partner; (iv) files a petition or answer seeking for the general partner any reorganization, arrangement, composition, readjustment, liquidation, dissolution, or similar relief under any statute, law, rule, or regulation; (v) files an answer or other pleading admitting or failing to contest the material allegations of a petition filed against the general partner in any proceeding of this nature; or (vi) seeks, consents to, or acquiesces in the appointment of a trustee, receiver, or liquidator of the general partner or of all or any substantial part of the general partner's properties;
(5) Unless otherwise provided in the partnership agreement, one hundred twenty days after the commencement of any proceeding against the general partner seeking reorganization, arrangement, composition, readjustment, liquidation, dissolution, or similar relief under any statute, law, rule, or regulation, the proceeding has not been dismissed, or if within ninety days after the appointment without the general partner's consent or acquiescence of a trustee, receiver, or liquidator of the general partner or of all or any substantial part of the general partner's properties, the appointment is not vacated or stayed or, within ninety days after the expiration of any such stay, the appointment is not vacated;
(6) In the case of a general partner who is a natural person:
(i) His or her death; or
(ii) The entry of an order by a court of competent jurisdiction adjudicating him or her incompetent to manage his or her person or his or her estate;
(7) In the case of a general partner who is acting as a general partner by virtue of being a trustee of a trust, the termination of the trust, but not merely the substitution of a new trustee;
(8) In the case of a general partner that is a separate partnership, the dissolution and commencement of winding up of the separate partnership;
(9) In the case of a general partner that is a corporation, the filing of a certificate of dissolution, or its equivalent, for the corporation or the revocation of its charter and the expiration of ninety days after the date of notice to the corporation of revocation without a reinstatement of its charter;
(10) In the case of a general partner that is a limited liability company, the filing of the articles of dissolution, or its equivalent, for the limited liability company or the forfeiture of its certificate and the expiration of one year after notice of forfeiture without revival and reinstatement; or
(11) In the case of a general partner that is an estate, the distribution by the fiduciary of the estate's entire interest in the partnership.
- Laws 1981, LB 272, § 23;
- Laws 1989, LB 482, § 30;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 404.