Nebraska Revised Statute 67-281
(a) Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the Secretary of State. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the Secretary of State, in duplicate, an application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed and sworn to by a general partner and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in this state;
(2) The state or country and date of its formation;
(3) A statement that the Secretary of State is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if no agent has been appointed under subdivision (4) of this subsection, if an agent has been appointed but the agent's authority has been revoked, or if an agent has been appointed but cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
(4) The name and street address and post office box number, if any, of any agent for service of process on the foreign limited partnership whom the foreign limited partnership elects to appoint. The agent must be an individual resident of this state, a domestic corporation, a foreign corporation having a place of business in and authorized to do business in this state, a domestic limited liability company, or a foreign limited liability company having a place of business in and authorized to do business in this state;
(5) The address of the office required to be maintained in the state or country of its organization by the laws of that state or country or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership; and
(6) The name and business, residence, or mailing address of each of the general partners.
(b) A foreign limited partnership or a partnership, limited liability company, or corporation formed or organized under the laws of any foreign country or other foreign jurisdiction or the laws of any state other than this state shall not be deemed to be doing business in this state solely by reason of its being a partner in a domestic limited partnership.
Laws 1981, LB 272, § 49;
Laws 1983, LB 447, § 80;
Laws 1989, LB 482, § 52;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 406;
Laws 2008, LB383, § 4.
Effective Date: July 18, 2008