Nebraska Revised Statute 67-458
(1) Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited liability partnership must file a statement of foreign qualification. The statement must contain:
(a) The name of the foreign limited liability partnership which (i) satisfies the requirements of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is formed, (ii) ends with "registered limited liability partnership", "limited liability partnership", "R.L.L.P.", "RLLP", "L.L.P.", "LLP", or similar words or abbreviations as required by the jurisdiction under whose law it is formed, and (iii) complies with the requirements of a domestic limited liability partnership as provided in subdivisions (1)(b) and (c) and subsection (2) of section 67-455;
(b) The street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if different, the street address of an office of the partnership in this state, if any;
(c) If there is no office of the partnership in this state, the name and street address and post office box number, if any, of the partnership's agent for service of process; and
(d) A deferred effective date, if any.
(2) The agent of a foreign limited liability partnership for service of process must be an individual who is a resident of this state or other person authorized to do business in this state.
(3) The status of a partnership as a foreign limited liability partnership is effective on the later of the filing of the statement of foreign qualification or a date specified in the statement. The status remains effective, regardless of changes in the partnership, until it is canceled pursuant to subsection (4) of section 67-406 or revoked pursuant to section 67-456.
(4) An amendment or cancellation of a statement of foreign qualification is effective when it is filed or on a deferred effective date specified in the amendment or cancellation.
(5) Any foreign limited liability partnership engaged in the practice of law in this state shall file with the Secretary of State, along with its statement of foreign qualification, a certificate of authority issued by the Nebraska Supreme Court. In addition, such certificate of authority shall be renewed annually and filed by the foreign limited liability partnership with its annual report required by section 67-456.
Laws 1997, LB 523, § 58;
Laws 2004, LB 16, § 8;
Laws 2008, LB383, § 9.
Effective Date: July 18, 2008