Nebraska Revised Statute 69-2402
Chapter 69 Section 2402
(1) Antique handgun or pistol means any handgun or pistol, including those with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system, manufactured in or before 1898 and any replica of such a handgun or pistol if such replica (a) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition or (b) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade;
(2) Criminal history record check includes a check of the criminal history records of the Nebraska State Patrol and a check of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Instant Criminal Background Check System;
(3) Firearm-related disability means a person is not permitted to (a) purchase, possess, ship, transport, or receive a firearm under either state or federal law, (b) obtain a certificate to purchase, lease, rent, or receive transfer of a handgun under section 69-2404, or (c) obtain a permit to carry a concealed handgun under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act; and
(4) Handgun means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length or any firearm designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.
- Concealed Handgun Permit Act, see section 69-2427.