Nebraska Revised Statute 72-1262
For purposes of the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Bank means a state-chartered or federally chartered bank which has a main chartered office in this state, any branch thereof in this state, or any branch in this state of a state-chartered or federally chartered bank which maintained a main chartered office in this state prior to becoming a branch of such state-chartered or federally chartered bank;
(2) Capital stock financial institution means a capital stock state building and loan association, a capital stock federal savings and loan association, a capital stock federal savings bank, or a capital stock state savings bank, which has a main chartered office in this state, any branch thereof in this state, or any branch in this state of a capital stock financial institution which maintained a main chartered office in this state prior to becoming a branch of such capital stock financial institution;
(3) Time deposit open account means a bank account or a deposit with a capital stock financial institution or a qualifying mutual financial institution with respect to which there is in force a written contract which provides that neither the whole nor any part of such deposit may be withdrawn, by check or otherwise, prior to the date of maturity, which date shall be not less than thirty days after the date of the deposit, or prior to the expiration of the period of notice which shall be given by the state investment officer in writing not less than thirty days in advance of withdrawal. The time deposit open account contract shall be uniform and shall be furnished by the state investment officer to each bank, capital stock financial institution, or qualifying mutual financial institution for execution;
(4) Funds available for investment means all funds over which the state investment officer has investment jurisdiction less those funds necessary for operations and except those funds which are eligible for long-term investment; and
(5) Qualifying mutual financial institution has the same meaning as in section 77-2365.01.