Nebraska Revised Statute 76-1410
Subject to additional definitions contained in the Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act and unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Action includes recoupment, counterclaim, setoff, suit in equity, and any other proceeding in which rights are determined, including an action for possession.
(2) Building and housing codes include any law, ordinance, or governmental regulation concerning fitness for habitation, or the construction, maintenance, operation, occupancy, use, or appearance of any premises, or dwelling unit. Minimum housing code shall be limited to those laws, resolutions, or ordinances or regulations, or portions thereof, dealing specifically with health and minimum standards of fitness for habitation.
(3) Dwelling unit means a structure or the part of a structure that is used as a home, residence, or sleeping place by one person who maintains a household or by two or more persons who maintain a common household.
(4) Good faith means honesty in fact in the conduct of the transaction concerned.
(5) Landlord means the owner, lessor, or sublessor of the dwelling unit or the building of which it is a part, and it also means a manager of the premises who fails to disclose as required by section 76-1417.
(6) Organization includes a corporation, government, governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, and any other legal or commercial entity.
(7) Owner means one or more persons, jointly or severally, in whom is vested (a) all or part of the legal title to property, or (b) all or part of the beneficial ownership and a right to present use and enjoyment of the premises; and the term includes a mortgagee in possession.
(8) Person includes an individual, limited liability company, or organization.
(9) Premises means a dwelling unit and the structure of which it is a part and facilities and appurtenances therein and grounds, areas, and facilities held out for the use of tenants generally or whose use is promised to the tenant.
(10) Rent means all payments to be made to the landlord under the rental agreement.
(11) Rental agreement means all agreements, written or oral, between a landlord and tenant, and valid rules and regulations adopted under section 76-1422 embodying the terms and conditions concerning the use and occupancy of a dwelling unit and premises.
(12) Roomer means a person occupying a dwelling unit that lacks a major bathroom or kitchen facility, in a structure where one or more major facilities are used in common by occupants of the dwelling units. Major facility in the case of a bathroom means toilet, or either a bath or shower, and in the case of a kitchen means refrigerator, stove, or sink.
(13) Single-family residence means a structure maintained and used as a single dwelling unit. Notwithstanding that a dwelling unit shares one or more walls with another dwelling unit, it is a single-family residence if it has direct access to a street or thoroughfare and shares neither heating facilities, hot water equipment, nor any other essential facility or service with any other dwelling unit.
(14) Tenant means a person entitled under a rental agreement to occupy a dwelling unit to the exclusion of others.
Laws 1974, LB 293, § 10;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 484.