Nebraska Revised Statute 21-2030
(1) A foreign corporation may register its corporate name or its corporate name with any addition required by section 21-20,173 if the name is not the same as or deceptively similar to, upon the records of the Secretary of State, the corporate names that are not available under subdivision (2)(c) of section 21-2028.
(2) A foreign corporation shall register its corporate name or its corporate name with any addition required by section 21-20,173 by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing an application:
(a) Setting forth its corporate name or its corporate name with any addition required by section 21-20,173, the state or country and date of its incorporation, and a brief description of the nature of the business in which it is engaged; and
(b) Accompanied by a certificate of existence, or a document of similar import, from the state or country of incorporation. Such certificate or document shall not bear a date of more than sixty days prior to the date the application is filed in this state.
(3) The name shall be registered for the applicant's exclusive use upon the effective date of the application.
(4) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may renew it for successive years by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a renewal application which complies with the requirements of subsection (2) of this section between October 1 and December 31 of the preceding year. The renewal application shall renew the registration for the following calendar year.
(5) A foreign corporation whose registration is effective may thereafter qualify as a foreign corporation under that name or consent in writing to the use of that name by a corporation thereafter incorporated under the Business Corporation Act or by another foreign corporation thereafter authorized to transact business in this state. The registration shall terminate when the domestic corporation is incorporated or the foreign corporation qualifies or consents to the qualification of another foreign corporation under the registered name.
Laws 1995, LB 109, § 30;
Laws 2003, LB 464, § 5.