Nebraska Revised Statute 60-4,127
Motorcycle operation; Class M license required; issuance; examination.
(1) No person shall operate a motorcycle on the alleys or highways of the State of Nebraska until such person has obtained a Class M license. No such license shall be issued until the applicant has (a) met the vision and physical requirements established under section 60-4,118 for operation of a motor vehicle and (b) successfully completed an examination, including the actual operation of a motorcycle, prescribed by the director, except that the required examination may be waived, including the actual operation of a motorcycle, if the applicant presents proof of successful completion of a motorcycle safety course under the Motorcycle Safety Education Act within the immediately preceding twenty-four months.
(2) Department personnel shall conduct the examination of the applicants and deliver to each successful applicant an issuance certificate or a receipt. If department personnel issue a receipt, department personnel shall collect the fee and surcharge as provided in section 60-4,115 and issue a receipt with driving privileges which is valid for up to thirty days. In counties where the county treasurer collects fees and issues receipts, the certificate may be presented to the county treasurer within ninety days after issuance. Upon presentation of an issuance certificate, the county treasurer shall collect the fee and surcharge for a Class M license as prescribed by section 60-4,115 and issue a receipt with driving privileges which is valid for up to thirty days. If department personnel refuse to issue an issuance certificate or receipt, the department personnel shall state such cause in writing and deliver such written cause to the applicant. The license shall be delivered as provided in section 60-4,113. If the applicant is the holder of an operator's license, the county treasurer or department personnel shall have endorsed on the license the authorization to operate a motorcycle. Fees for Class M licenses shall be as provided by section 60-4,115.
- Laws 1967, c. 234, § 8, p. 626;
- Laws 1971, LB 962, § 1;
- Laws 1974, LB 328, § 2;
- Laws 1974, LB 821, § 13;
- Laws 1977, LB 90, § 2;
- Laws 1981, LB 22, § 15;
- Laws 1986, LB 1004, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 60-403.01;
- Laws 1989, LB 285, § 77;
- Laws 1990, LB 369, § 17;
- Laws 1993, LB 201, § 3;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 88;
- Laws 1999, LB 704, § 25;
- Laws 2001, LB 574, § 20;
- Laws 2008, LB911, § 20;
- Laws 2011, LB170, § 3;
- Laws 2011, LB215, § 18;
- Laws 2016, LB311, § 16.
- Effective Date: March 4, 2016
- Motorcycle Safety Education Act, see section 60-2120.