Nebraska Revised Statute 70-1001.01
(1) Board means the Nebraska Power Review Board;
(2) Certified renewable export facility means a facility approved under section 70-1014.02 that (a) will generate electricity using solar, wind, biomass, or landfill gas, (b) will be constructed and owned by an entity other than a municipality, a registered group of municipalities, a public power district, a public power and irrigation district, an electric cooperative, an electric membership association, or any other governmental entity, and (c) has a power purchase or similar agreement or agreements with an initial term of ten years or more for the sale of at least ninety percent of the output of the facility with a customer or customers located outside the State of Nebraska and maintains such an agreement or agreements for the life of the facility. Output sold pursuant to subdivision (2)(a)(iv) of section 70-1014.02 shall not be included when calculating such ninety percent. Certified renewable export facility includes all generating equipment, easements, and interconnection equipment within the facility and connecting the facility to the transmission grid;
(3) Except as expressly provided in section 70-1014.02, electric suppliers or suppliers of electricity means any legal entity supplying, producing, or distributing electricity within the state for sale at wholesale or retail;
(4) Regional transmission organization means an entity independent from those entities generating or marketing electricity at wholesale or retail, which has operational control over the electric transmission lines in a designated geographic area in order to reduce constraints in the flow of electricity and ensure that all power suppliers have open access to transmission lines for the transmission of electricity;
(5) Representative organization means an organization designated by the board and organized for the purpose of providing joint planning and encouraging maximum cooperation and coordination among electric suppliers. Such organization shall represent electric suppliers owning a combined electric generation plant capacity of at least ninety percent of the total electric generation plant capacity constructed and in operation within the state;
(6) State means the State of Nebraska;
(7) Stranded asset means a generation or transmission facility owned by an electric supplier as defined in subsection (1) of section 70-1014.02 which cannot earn a favorable economic return due to regulatory or legislative actions or changes in the market and, at the time an application is filed with the board under such section, either exists or has been approved by the board or the governing body of an electric supplier as defined in such subsection; and
(8) Unbundled retail rates means the separation of utility bills into the individual price components for which an electric supplier charges its retail customers, including, but not limited to, the separate charges for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity.
Laws 1981, LB 302, § 1;
R.S.1943, (1996), § 70-1023;
Laws 2000, LB 901, § 7;
Laws 2003, LB 65, § 1;
Laws 2010, LB1048, § 3;
Laws 2011, LB208, § 1.