Nebraska Revised Statute 77-27,188.01
(1) The credit allowed under section 77-27,188 may be used to obtain a refund of state sales and use taxes paid or against the income tax liability of the taxpayer or may be used as a refundable credit claimed on an income tax return of the taxpayer. The return need not reflect any income tax liability owed by the taxpayer.
(2) A claim for the credit may be filed quarterly for refund of the state sales and use taxes paid, either directly or indirectly, after the filing of the income tax return for the taxable year in which the credit was first allowed.
(3) The credit may be used to obtain a refund of state sales and use taxes paid before the end of the taxable year for which the credit was allowed, except that the amount refunded under this subsection shall not exceed the amount of the state sales and use taxes paid, either directly or indirectly, by the taxpayer on the qualifying investment.
(4) For purposes of subsections (2) and (3) of this section, the taxpayer shall be deemed to have paid indirectly any state sales or use taxes paid by a contractor on building materials annexed to an improvement to real estate built for the taxpayer. The contractor shall certify to the taxpayer the amount of the Nebraska state sales and use taxes paid on the building materials, or the taxpayer, with the permission of the Tax Commissioner and a certification from the contractor that Nebraska state sales and use taxes were paid on all building materials, may presume that fifty percent of the cost of the improvement was for building materials annexed to real estate on which the tax was paid.
(5) No claim for refund of sales and use taxes under this section may be filed prior to January 1, 1989.
(6) Credits distributed to a partner, limited liability company member, shareholder, or beneficiary under section 77-27,194 may be used against the income tax liability of the partner, member, shareholder, or beneficiary receiving the credits.
(7) For taxpayers who met the job and investment thresholds of the Employment Expansion and Investment Incentive Act for a tax year beginning before January 1, 2004, subsection (6) of this section and subdivision (1)(b) of section 77-27,188, as such section existed immediately prior to such date, shall continue to apply to such taxpayer. The changes made by Laws 2003, LB 608, shall not preclude a taxpayer from receiving the tax incentives earned prior to January 1, 2004.
Laws 1987, LB 270, § 3;
Laws 1989, LB 335, § 2;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 512;
Laws 1993, LB 345, § 73;
Laws 1993, LB 725, § 17;
Laws 1994, LB 884, § 91;
Laws 2003, LB 608, § 5;
Laws 2004, LB 1017, § 21.
Note: The Employment Expansion and Investment Incentive Act was renamed the Nebraska Advantage Rural Development Act, see section 77-27,187.