Nebraska Revised Statute 77-27,194
The credit allowed under the Nebraska Advantage Rural Development Act shall not be transferable except in the following situations:
(1) Any credit allowable to a partnership, a limited liability company, a subchapter S corporation, a cooperative, including a cooperative exempt under section 521 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, a limited cooperative association, or an estate or trust may be distributed to the partners, limited liability company members, shareholders, patrons, limited cooperative association members, or beneficiaries. Any credit distributed shall be distributed in the same manner as income is distributed. A credit distributed shall be considered a credit used and the partnership, limited liability company, subchapter S corporation, cooperative, including a cooperative exempt under section 521 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, limited cooperative association, estate, or trust shall be liable for any repayment under section 77-27,188.02;
(2) The incentives previously allowed and the future allowance of incentives may be transferred when a project covered by an agreement is transferred by sale or lease to another taxpayer or in an acquisition of assets qualifying under section 381 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
(3) The acquiring taxpayer, as of the date of notification of the Tax Commissioner of the completed transfer, shall be entitled to any unused credits and to any future incentives allowable under the act;
(4) The acquiring taxpayer shall be liable for any repayment that becomes due after the date of the transfer for the repayment of any benefits received either before or after the transfer; and
(5) If a taxpayer operating a qualifying business and allowed a credit under section 77-27,188 dies and there is credit remaining after the filing of the final return for the taxpayer, the personal representative shall determine the distribution of the credit or any remaining carryover with the initial fiduciary return filed for the estate. The determination of the distribution of credit may be changed only after obtaining the permission of the Tax Commissioner.
Laws 1986, LB 1124, § 8;
Laws 1993, LB 121, § 513;
Laws 1994, LB 884, § 92;
Laws 1997, LB 886, § 8;
Laws 2003, LB 608, § 10;
Laws 2005, LB 312, § 20;
Laws 2006, LB 1003, § 10;
Laws 2007, LB368, § 137.