Nebraska Revised Statute 77-5728
(1) The incentives allowed under the Nebraska Advantage Act shall not be transferable except in the following situations:
(a) Any credit allowable to a partnership, a limited liability company, a subchapter S corporation, a cooperative, including a cooperative exempt under section 521 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, a limited cooperative association, or an estate or trust may be distributed to the partners, members, shareholders, patrons, or beneficiaries in the same manner as income is distributed for use against their income tax liabilities, and such partners, members, shareholders, or beneficiaries shall be deemed to have made an underpayment of their income taxes for any recapture required by section 77-5727. A credit distributed shall be considered a credit used and the partnership, limited liability company, subchapter S corporation, cooperative, including a cooperative exempt under section 521 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, a limited cooperative association, estate, or trust shall be liable for any repayment required by section 77-5727; and
(b) The incentives previously allowed and the future allowance of incentives may be transferred when a project covered by an agreement is transferred in its entirety by sale or lease to another taxpayer or in an acquisition of assets qualifying under section 381 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
(2) The acquiring taxpayer, as of the date of notification of the Tax Commissioner of the completed transfer, shall be entitled to any unused credits and to any future incentives allowable under the act.
(3) The acquiring taxpayer shall be liable for any recapture that becomes due after the date of the transfer for the repayment of any benefits received either before or after the transfer.
(4) If a taxpayer operating a project and allowed a credit under the act dies and there is a credit remaining after the filing of the final return for the taxpayer, the personal representative shall determine the distribution of the credit or any remaining carryover with the initial fiduciary return filed for the estate. The determination of the distribution of the credit may be changed only after obtaining the permission of the Tax Commissioner.
(5) The Department of Revenue may disclose information to the acquiring taxpayer about the project and prior benefits that is reasonably necessary to determine the future incentives and liabilities of the project.
Laws 2005, LB 312, § 50;
Laws 2006, LB 1003, § 16;
Laws 2007, LB368, § 140;
Laws 2013, LB34, § 8.