Nebraska Revised Statute 77-5804
(1) The credit allowed under section 77-5803 may be used to obtain a refund of state sales and use taxes paid, may be used against the income tax liability of the taxpayer, or may be used as a refundable credit claimed on an income tax return of the taxpayer. The return need not reflect any income tax liability owed by the taxpayer.
(2) A claim for the credit may be filed quarterly for refund of the state sales and use taxes paid, either directly or indirectly, after the filing of the income tax return for the tax year in which the credit was first allowed.
(3) The credit may be used to obtain a refund of state sales and use taxes paid before the end of the tax year for which the credit was allowed, except that the amount refunded under this subsection shall not exceed the amount of the state sales and use taxes paid, either directly or indirectly, by the taxpayer on the qualifying expenditures.
(4) Credits distributed to a partner, limited liability company member, shareholder, or beneficiary may be used against the income tax liability of the partner, member, shareholder, or beneficiary receiving the credits.
(5) Interest shall not be allowed on any taxes refunded under the Nebraska Advantage Research and Development Act.
Laws 2005, LB 312, § 62;
Laws 2009, LB164, § 9.